Course 6404: 1 Day Instructor-Lead Training Syllabus
This tailored one day training provides students with the understanding and skills to leverage the Agile Planning, Estimating and Project Management features in Team Foundation Server 2017, Visual Studio 2017 and Share Point to support Scrum or other Agile based methodologies. The training focuses on teaching students how to leverage agile features and functionality within Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) 2017. This course covers a broad range of topics to help students become familiar with Agile Planning, Estimating and Project Management and the related capabilities of the Visual Studio platform.
This course is intended for the following roles:
Development Leads, Test Leads, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Key Stakeholders
AT COURSE COMPLETION
After attending this course, students will be able to:
Planning and Estimating with Visual Studio 2017
- Understand the agile capabilities of Visual Studio 2017
- Use product backlog tools to communicate requirements, their priority and their high level estimates
- Use the forecasting features to help plan future sprints based on past velocity
- Leverage iteration and sprint capabilities in TFS to schedule requirements in sprints, break down requirements into tasks, estimate tasks
- Leverage capacity planning tools and techniques
- Leverage the team features in TFS
- Use charts and reports to determine sprint/iteration health
Before attending this course, students must have experience in a team-based application lifecycle. The following prerequisites are expected:
- Have played one or more roles in ALM
- Familiar with Agile or Scrum methodologies
- Understand Microsoft Office basics
- Understand Microsoft Windows operating system basics
- Completed InCycle course 6401 - Visual Studio 2017 - Basic Training
Visual Studio 2017 ALM Agile Capabilities
This module introduces the components and functionality of Agile Project Management in Visual Studio 2017 and Team Foundation Sever 2017 (TFS).
The following capabilities will be covered:
- Overview of the Team Portal
- Leveraging Team capabilities and areas
- Leveraging iterations and iteration dates
This module focus on backlog management for agile methodologies and will introduce the backlog management features in Team Web Access. These features will help students communicate business value and prioritization to agile software development teams.
The following topics will be covered:
- Overview of a Product Backlog and the Team Web Access Product Backlog view
- Defining and effectively communicating business value
- Defining and effectively communicating complexity
- Using business value, risk, and complexity to determine backlog priority
- Adding new values to the backlog
- Use the drag n’ drop functionality in Team Web Access
Agile Planning and Estimating
This module will focus on planning and estimating for agile methodologies along with providing and understanding the tools and capabilities in Visual Studio ALM that support planning and estimating for agile methodologies. Leveraging these capabilities can help teams provide better accuracy during sprint and release planning.
The following topics will be covered:
- Defining complexity as a planning technique
- Using velocity to forecast the release cycle
- Build task breakdown structures for sprint planning
- Using capacity planning tools for sprint planning
- Leverage activity type for sprint planning
- Leverage charts for visualization including sprint burn down
This course was designed by InCycle Software.
This document contains confidential and proprietary information and is supplied purely to enable you to evaluate details concerning InCycle Software Solution’s products and services. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photography and recording, without the written permission of InCycle Software.
If you have any questions or would like to register for this course, please fill out the form below or call us at (800) 565-0510.